What Do I Need to Know?
- Affiliate Certification is a two-step program – coaches must complete an online course (Part 1), then attend a one-day live training (Part 2);
- Coaches must be at least 18 years of age;
- Coaches must complete the online course with a minimum pass score of 80% or higher;
- Coaches must attend the entire one-day hands-on training at an authorized affiliate location.
*ACT participation is restricted to new coaches who are joining the Rock Steady Boxing affiliate program.
Online Course Details (Part 1)
Upon registration, attendees receive a link to start their coursework via the online certification training. This must be completed no later than 2 weeks before your scheduled seminar date.
ONLINE COURSE TABLE OF CONTENTS
Round 1: We Are Rock Steady
Round 2: Know Your Opponent – Parkinson’s disease
Round 3: Ring Strategy – How Rock Steady Fights Back Against PD
Round 4: Philosophy and Fight-Back Attitude
Round 5: Preparing for the Fight – RSB Curriculum
Round 6: Pre-Fight Checkup – Intake and Assessment
Round 7: About Boxing
Round 8: Boxing-Specific Exercises
Round 9: Boxing Moves
Round 10: Equipment-Specific Routines
Round 11: Core Work
Round 12: Building a RSB-Style Workout
Round 13: Health & Safety
Round 14: RSB-Quality Customer Service
Round 15: Coaching Volunteers and Cornermen
*All participants are required to pass a 50 question final exam.
Live Training Dates & Locations (Part 2)
Training must be conducted at one of the following locations on the scheduled date:
- March 16-17 – Oslo, Norway *international two day training*
- March 20 – Huntsville, AL
- April 9 – Ft. Collins, CO
- April 27 – Lehi, UT
- May 10 – Magnolia, TX
- June 19 – Stroudsburg, PA
- July 11 – Santa Clara, CA
- August 14 – Toronto, Canada
Live Training Course Content
All live certification courses are scheduled from 8am-4pm at every location. Course content includes:
Basic Boxing Skills
Boxing Equipment Discussion
Neurologist or Movement Disorder Specialist Q & A Session
Observation of RSB Parkinson’s Boxing Class
*Catered lunch included
What do I get?
- 15 round online course included in training fee
- Intensive (fun) instruction at an authorized RSB affiliate location
- Official Gear: RSB cinch sack, boxing gloves, hand wraps, and t-shirt
- Boxed lunch during one-day training
- “I Am Rock Steady” Book
- RSB Certificate of Completion
$800/year per location
- Includes Trademark Licensing & Affiliate Agreement.
- After first 12 months of affiliation, affiliate may choose to switch to a monthly payment of $89/month per location.
- Affiliate fees are non-refundable