RSB Coach Certification Training
RSB is pleased to invite coaches at Affiliate locations to provide a professional development opportunity for your coaching staff by enrolling them in our Online Certification Training. This in-depth course will provide a knowledge of Parkinson’s disease and boxing basics that will enhance their effectiveness in your gym.
15 Round Certification
This 15 Round Certification Training encompasses all of the principles and techniques neccessary to enhance the participant’s knowledge of coaching at a successful affiliate location. Achieving a passing score at the conclusion of the Online Training will qualify the participant to receive a RSB Coach Certificate and a “Coach” t-shirt and the opportunity to become a “head coach” at an affiliate location.
It is our hope that Online Certification will enable our affiliates to expand their programming and that this will ultimately accomplish the RSB mission of empowering people all over the world to fight back against Parkinson’s disease.
Please note: Online Certification is reserved for staff at current affiliate locations. It will not prepare a coach to become a full affiliate of Rock Steady Boxing, and information concerning the Affiliate license or establishment of a new affiliate location is not included. Coaches who only take the online course will not be able to open a new RSB location without completing the full Affiliate Certification Training which includes the live one-day seminar.
- 8 week time limit to complete the course – additional fees apply for time extension
- non-refundable / non-transferable
Online Certification Table Of Contents
- Round 1: We Are Rock Steady
- Round 2: Know Your Opponent – Parkinson’s Disease
- Round 3: Ring Strategy – How Rock Steady Fights Back Against PD
- Round 4: Philosophy and Fight-Back Attitude
- Round 5: Preparing for the Fight – RSB Curriculum
- Round 6: Pre-Fight Checkup – Intake and Assessment
- Round 7: About Boxing
- Round 8: Boxing-Specific Exercises
- Round 9: Boxing Moves
- Round 10: Equipment-Specific Routines
- Round 11: Core Work
- Round 12: Building a RSB-Style Workout
- Round 13: Health & Safety
- Round 14: RSB-Quality Customer Service
- Round 15: Coaching Volunteers and Cornermen
- Final Exam*
*All participants are required to pass a 50 question final exam.
The Online Training Certification Course was super motivational and interesting! Even though I have been boxing for years and volunteering with a Rock Steady affiliate for 9 months, I learned a lot. The course really pumped me up and I am excited to lead my own classes!Mat Bickley, Rock Steady Boxing Wasatch Front